2011/11/01

An Old Sufi Story: Nasrudin And A Philosopher

There is an old Sufi story about a philosopher who made an appointment to debate with Nasrudin, a Sufi wisdom teacher.

When the day came, the philosopher dropped by Nasrudin’s house as planned. When the philosopher arrived for his appointment he found Nasrudin away from his home.

Infuriated, the philosopher picked up a piece of chalk and wrote "Stupid Oaf" on Nasrudin’s gate. When Nasrudin got home and saw this he rushed right over to the philosopher’s house.

"I had forgotten," Nasrudin told the philosopher when he got there, "that you were to call. And I'm sorry I missed our appointment. But, I remembered our appointment the minute I saw that you had written your name on my gate."

Sufi
Leave comment
Comment Policy: Please leave relevant comment and do not include active link!