2019/02/01

Khalil Gibran on Perfection in Life

One day Khalil Gibran had a dialogue with his master.

Gibran : "Master, how can we get something perfect in this life?"

The Master was silent for a while then he answered : "Go straight to the flower garden, and pick a flower that you think the most beautiful one. But remember never turn back around !"

After he passed the garden, Gibran came back empty-handed.

The master asked : "Why won't you get any flower?"

Gibran : "Actually I'd found it Master, but I didn't pick it because I thought there must be more beautiful flowers in the garden. But when I got to the end, I just realized that the flower I saw before was actually the most beautiful one, and I couldn't go back again"

The master smiled and said : "Yes, that is the life, the more we seek for perfection, the more we will never  get it, because in reality there is no such thing as a true perfection, only our sincerity to accept flaws"

"Don't seek for perfection, but make perfect what we already have, ourselves, or our beloved ones."
Leave comment
Comment Policy: Please leave relevant comment and do not include active link!